Really Spicy Opera brings its award-winning production of Game of Thrones: The Musical to the inaugural Tampa International Fringe Festival from May 11-13, 2017.
Game of Thrones: The Musical has delighted critics and fans alike across the United States. The show’s critically acclaimed debut at the 2016 Minnesota Fringe won the Twin Cities Arts Reader’s Critic’s Pick and Best of Fringe Awards, was named a “Must See” by the St. Paul Pioneer Press, and was nominated for two Broadway World-Minneapolis awards. On the 2017 Hawaii Fringe Festival Circuit, the show sold out houses at the O’ahu Fringe Festival and propelled the Maui Fringe Festival to an all-time box office high, with 50% more ticket sales than the previous year’s record.
A massively inappropriate children’s show featuring vocabulary lessons, spoilers, incest, moral lessons, betrayal, and truly terrible puppet-on-puppet violence. All is not well in Westeros, where a simple visit sets in motion the War of Five Kings, dragon attacks, and worse. A skewering parody of the hit HBO show Game of Thrones and the bestselling novels by George R. R. Martin. If you like Sesame Street and/or adore Avenue Q, this is the show for you.
Press & Awards
Don’t believe us? Listen to the press:
- “Must-see.” – Maren Longbella, Pioneer Press
- “Editor’s Choice” and “Critic’s Pick” – Twin Cities Arts Reader
- “This is going to sell a million tickets.” – Jay Gabler, Minnesota Public Radio
Winner of the Twin Cities Arts Reader‘s 2016 Critic’s Pick and Best of Fringe awards. Nominated for two 2016 Broadway World-Minneapolis awards (Mark Monfils – Best Director of a Musical; Boo Segersin – Best Actress in a Musical).
- Thursday, 5/11/2017 @ 7:45 PM
- Friday, 5/12/2017 @ 6:30 PM
- Saturday, 5/13/2017 @ 1:30 PM
1812 N 17th St
Ybor City, FL 33605
- Purchase Tickets Online
In the News
- Michael Pulliam. Backstage Theatre Column: Maui Fringe Theater Festival Friday through Sunday at Historic Iao Theater. Maui Beat / The Maui News. January 19, 2017.
- Jen Russo. Talking Story with Michael Pulliam about the Maui Fringe Festival. Maui Time. January 18, 2017.
- Marisa Heung. Your Guide to the Perfect Weekend: Jan. 12-15. Honolulu Magazine. January 11, 2017.
- James Charisma. Watch an Epic “Game of Thrones” Musical and More at the O’ahu Fringe Festival. Honolulu Magazine. January 10, 2017.
- Sunny-Aloha Miller. sunny_aloha_in_paradise. KPRP 650 AM Radio. January 10, 2017.
- Steven Mark. Fringe Festival Offers Arts Smorgasbord Downtown. Honolulu Star-Advertiser. January 6, 2017.
- Christina O’Connor. Letter from the Editor. MetroHNL. January 6, 2017.
- Christina O’Connor. Fringe Festival. MetroHNL. January 6, 2017.
- Hawaii Public Radio. The Conversation with Beth-Ann Kozlovich and Chris Vandercook. January 6, 2017.
- Noe Tanigawa. Hawaii’s Fledgling Fringe Circuit. Hawaii Public Radio. January 6, 2017.
- Carlynn Wolfe. Basil Considine at Fringe 2017. December 22, 2016.
- Hanne Appelbaum. Fringe File #14: TCAR Awards. Twin Cities Arts Reader. August 17, 2016.
- Cherry and Spoon. Fringe Festival 2016: “Game of Thrones: The Musical”. August 14, 2016.
- Minnesota Playlist Staff. What We’re Excited To See. Minnespota Playlist. August 8, 2016.
- Maren Longbella. Fringe review: ‘Game of Thrones: The Musical’. Pioneer Press / TwinCities.com. August 7, 2016.
- Twin Cities Arts Reader Staff. Fringe File #7: 30-Second Reviews, Round 1. Twin Cities Arts Reader. August 6, 2016.
- Jay Gabler. Eleven days of the Fringe Festival: Your guide to the sprawling theater adventure. City Pages. August 3, 2016.
- Dylan Thomas. The Fringe’s Next Adventure. Southwest Journal. July 26, 2016.
- Hanne Appelbaum. “Fringe File #4: Previews, Round 1”. July 25, 2016.
- Cassandra Snow. “A queer guide to doing the 2016 Twin Cities Fringe Festival”. The Column. July 25, 2016.
- Cherry and Spoon. “2016 Minnesota Fringe Festival Must-Sees”. July 21, 2016.
- Secrets of the City. “Fringe Festival Preview Night #1”. July 18, 2016.
- Hanne Appelbaum. “Fringe File #1: Editor-in-Chief’s Short List”. Twin Cities Arts Reader. July 1, 2016.
- Ben Stevens. “Minneapolis: The Not-so-silent Planet: A Speculative Fringe Preview”. Musik Events. June 30, 2016.
Game of Thrones: The Musical is also included in:
Official Fringe Festival Pictures by Fringe photographer Rajib Bahar:
- HBO Puppet (Stuart Gordon) introduces the children to spelling important words like B-I-T-C-H.
- Brienne of Tarth (Anya Klaassen) explains how she became a knight.
- Ned Stark (Boo Segersin) learns some terrible news.
- A terrible battle kills many puppets.
- The cast sings about the terrible things that happen in Westeros.