Really Spicy Opera’s regular season audition notices are posted to YAP Tracker. There are no current regular season audition notices. However, we are currently recruiting for:
The RSO Street Team
The Street Team provides live, busking-style music performances in Downtown Minneapolis under contract to the Downtown Improvement District and Hennepin Theatre Trust. This group does not rehearse – we show up and just perform Disney songs, musical theater classics, and American songbook with the odd G&S song thrown in. Gigs are typically 11-1 PM, 11:30-1:30 PM, or 5-7 PM, Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Paid at $25/hour. Same-day electronic payment made via Paypal or Venmo.
- No long-term commitment is required – this is all ad hoc, gig by gig. We’re happy to work with singers and pianists one day at a time, because when you’re getting paid to sightread Disney songs from a fakebook, the more the merrier.
- To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Street Team Application in the subject and either a performance resume or 1-2 sentences saying some things that you’d love to sing. If you’ve worked for a company in town or gotten a degree in the performing arts, awesome – you’re in, come work with us!
New Opera Workshop: 8/17-8/18
Really Spicy Opera is recruiting all voice types (sopranos, mezzos, tenors, basses, and baritones – countertenors and contraltos can come, too) – for the development workshop of a new Gilbert & Sullivan-style opera on Saturday, 8/17 and Sunday, 8/18.
- Paid at: $25/hour. Same-day electronic payment made via Paypal or Venmo.
- Location: The workshop will take place at the Phoenix Theater in Minneapolis (2605 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55408).
- Time Commitment:
- A 30-60-minute minimum time commitment for an ad hoc rehearsal on Saturday, 8/17 to run over your personal music.
- A 4-hour time commitment (12-4 PM) on Sunday, 8/18 for the main workshop.
- To apply, send an email to email@example.com with New Opera Workshop in the subject, a copy of your performing resume, and a brief note about your Saturday-Sunday availability. Please make sure to list your voice type (e.g., soprano, mezzo). If you have Gilbert & Sullivan expertise not otherwise shown on the resume, please make sure to mention it!
Check to see if we have staff vacancies!