Really Spicy Opera is proud to present the return of Deborah Yarchun‘s play A Pickle for the 2018 MN Jewish Humor Festival. This darkly comedic look at the Minnesota State Fair, pickle prejudice, and culture clash stars Angela Timberman (recently seen in the Guthrie’s Royal Family and Park Square’s The Realistic Joneses) as Doris.
Based on a true story.
The MN State Fair rejects Doris’ traditional kosher pickles claiming they “look” spoiled. Something funky’s going on and she’s gonna raise hell. A darkly comedic look at pickle prejudice. Based on a true story.
- Monday, January 22, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
A Pickle has sold out 100% of its performances so far – buy your tickets in advance to make sure that you get a seat!
Cast & Creative Team
- Runtime: 60 minutes with no intermission.
- Location: Sabes Jewish Community Center (4330 Cedar Lake Road, St Louis Park, MN 55416)
- Tickets: $12 (advance)/$14 (door price)
- Purchase your pass at the door or online.
“One of the best comedic actresses in the Twin Cities…in full form with excellent comic timing…this beautifully lit comedy goes deep and comes out ahead.” – Twin Cities Arts Reader
“The show talks prejudice without being preachy, and the comedic dialogue is impressively colorful. Actress Angela Timberman positively shines in her one-hour monologue, never slowing for a minute.” – Crystal Duan, Star Tribune
“A nearly perfect hour of theater…a great story, well written, and personified brilliantly by Angela Timberman, so personable and funny and real. It’s no wonder this show sold out all (or nearly all) of its performances and won the encore slot.” – Jill Schafer, Cherry and Spoon
- Staff. “PREVIEW: Twin Cities Jewish Humor Festival.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. 17 January 2018.
- Lonny Goldsmith. “Loads Of Laughs On Tap At Jewish Humor Festival.” TC Jewfolk. 12 January 2018.
- Matthew Everett. “Best Theater I Saw in 2017: For What It’s Worth.” 31 December 2017.
- Pamela Espeland. “The best things in Twin Cities arts in the next two weeks, Part 2.” Minn Post. 6 September 2017.
- Jill Schafer. “Fringe Festival 2017: Favorites and Wrap-Up.” Cherry and Spoon. 20 August 2017.
- Hanne Appelbaum. “Fringe File, #27: The Arts Reader Awards.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. 14 August 2017.
- Crystal Duan. “‘A Pickle’: Her State Fair fail couldn’t sour this Jewish picklemaker.” Star Tribune. 5 August 2017.
- Twin Cities Arts Reader Staff. “Fringe File, #17: Mini-Reviews, Pt. 2.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. 5 August 2017.
- Hanne Appelbaum. “Fringe File, #15: Sold-Out Performances.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. 5 August 2017.
- Gail Rosenblum. “Local pickle maker gets rejected from Minnesota State Fair contest, wins a play“. Star Tribune. 2 August 2017.
- Jay Gabler. “MN Fringe Fest 2017: Your day-pass guide to the massive theater fest“. City Pages. 2 August 2017.
- Rachel Teagle. “Pickles, Pigs, and the River of Time“. Minnesota Playlist. 1 August 2017.
- Andrew Wig. “Plight of ‘A Pickle’ is coming to Fringe Festival“. 30 July 2017
- Matthew A. Everett. “Fringe 2017 – Top 20 – #11 – A Pickle.” Single White Fringe Geek. 26 July 2017.
- Pamela Espeland. “A dozen must-see shows at the Fringe…” Minn Post. 25 July 2017.