Really Spicy Opera is proud to present the world premiere of Deborah Yarchun‘s play A Pickle at the 2017 Minnesota Fringe Festival. This darkly comedic look at the Minnesota State Fair, pickle prejudice, and culture clash stars Angela Timberman (recently seen in the Guthrie’s Royal Family and Park Square’s The Realistic Joneses) as Doris.
Based on a true story.
The MN State Fair rejects Doris’ traditional kosher pickles claiming they “look” spoiled. Something funky’s going on and she’s gonna raise hell. A darkly comedic look at pickle prejudice. Based on a true story.
- Fri, 8/4 @ 10:00pm
- Sun, 8/6 @ 5:30pm
- Wed, 8/9 @ 5:30pm
- Sat, 8/12 @ 7:00pm
- Sun, 8/13 @ 1:00pm
Cast & Creative Team
A PICKLE is sold out!
- Runtime: 60 minutes with no intermission.
- Location: Ritz Studio Theater (NE Minneapolis)
- Tickets: $16 (weekday pass)/$22 (weekend day pass)/$5 (children’s day pass)
- Purchase your pass at the door or online.
“One of the best comedic actresses in the Twin Cities…in full form with excellent comic timing…this beautifully lit comedy goes deep and comes out ahead.” – Twin Cities Arts Reader
“The show talks prejudice without being preachy, and the comedic dialogue is impressively colorful. Actress Angela Timberman positively shines in her one-hour monologue, never slowing for a minute.” – Crystal Duan, Star Tribune
- Crystal Duan. “‘A Pickle’: Her State Fair fail couldn’t sour this Jewish picklemaker.” Star Tribune. August 5, 2017.
- Twin Cities Arts Reader Staff. “Fringe File, #17: Mini-Reviews, Pt. 2.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. August 5, 2017.
- Hanne Appelbaum. “Fringe File, #15: Sold-Out Performances.” Twin Cities Arts Reader. August 5, 2017.
- Gail Rosenblum. “Local pickle maker gets rejected from Minnesota State Fair contest, wins a play“. Star Tribune. 2 August 2017.
- Jay Gabler. “MN Fringe Fest 2017: Your day-pass guide to the massive theater fest“. City Pages. 2 August 2017.
- Rachel Teagle. “ Pickles, Pigs, and the River of Time“. Minnesota Playlist. 1 August 2017.
- Andrew Wig. “Plight of ‘A Pickle’ is coming to Fringe Festival“. 30 July 2017
- Matthew A. Everett. “Fringe 2017 – Top 20 – #11 – A Pickle.” Single White Fringe Geek. 26 July 2017.
- Pamela Espeland. “A dozen must-see shows at the Fringe…” Minn Post. 25 July 2017.